Oats (Organic, Gluten Free)
Z E R O - W A S T E
Rolled Oats - Certified Organic
Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth. They're a naturally gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Studies show that oats and oatmeal have many health benefits. These include weight loss, lower blood sugar levels and a reduced risk of heart disease.
Oats are a good source of quality protein at 11–17% of dry weight, which is higher than most other grains. The major protein in oats — at 80% of the total content — is avenalin, which isn't found in any other grain but is similar to legume proteins. The minor protein avenin is related to wheat gluten.
Oats are high in many vitamins and minerals, including:
- Manganese. Typically found in high amounts in whole grains, this trace mineral is important for development, growth, and metabolism (25Trusted Source).
- Phosphorus. This mineral is important for bone health and tissue maintenance (26Trusted Source).
- Copper. An antioxidant mineral often lacking in the Western diet, copper is considered important for heart health (27Trusted Source).
- Vitamin B1. Also known as thiamine, this vitamin is found in many foods, including grains, beans, nuts, and meat.
- Iron. As a component of hemoglobin, a protein responsible for transporting oxygen in the blood, iron is absolutely essential in the human diet.
- Selenium. This antioxidant is important for various processes in your body. Low selenium levels are associated with increased risk of premature death and impaired immune and mental function (28Trusted Source).
- Magnesium. Often lacking in the diet, this mineral is important for numerous processes in your body (29Trusted Source).
- Zinc. This mineral participates in many chemical reactions in your body and is important for overall health (30Trusted Source).