Z E R O - W A S T E
Share this Product
Irish Sea Moss - a new favorite super medicine.
Sea moss, scientifically known as Chondrus crispus, is a type of algae or seaweed. It grows in waters along the rocky Atlantic coasts, primarily between North America and Europe
It’s an edible sea plant similar to other seaweeds, algae, and other familiar leafy sea vegetables like kelp or dulse.
Sea moss grows in a number of colors, such as various shades of green, yellow, purple, red, brown, and black.
The most common varieties that grow in the warmer waters are generally red and often called Irish moss
Sea Moss is also radiation protective and helpful for oxidative stress that is constantly experienced by our bodies. It is a cell proliferator and helps repair and rebuild damaged cells in the body.
Wonderful immune builder, may assist with colds and flu and is a natural expectorant.
Improves the digestive system. Sea moss assists with many digestive issues such as indigestion, gastritis, ulcers, and constipation. Sea Moss is demulcent and can provide relief to inflamed and irritated mucus membranes by layering the intestinal wall whilst simultaneously pulling toxins out of the body.
- Promotes thyroid function
- Improves Metabolism
- Increased Circulation
- Immune System Boost
- Assists Digestive System
- Full of vitamins and minerals
- Numerous Skin Benefits
It is also collagen building and therefore a wonderful form of natural collagen for vegans and vegetarians. It contributes to glowing and healthy skin. Use topically as a skin and hair conditioner and treatment. It is beneficial in healing sunburn, dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema.
Sea Moss Gel Preparation Guide
- Take about 50g of Sea Moss
- Rinse off and strain the sea impurities
- Once satisfied with the rinsing, soak it overnight with a squeezed lemon added to the water (this helps neutralise the ‘salty sea taste’)
- Make sure it’s fully submerged during the soaking process and add more water if necessary.
- The soaked sea moss will have expanded and be translucent and it will then be time to blend.
- Add the sea moss to a blender with a cup of hot water.
- Blend from low to high speed.
- Blend until very fine
- The thickness of your gel is determined by the quantity of water added.
- Place the blended Sea Moss in a jar and refrigerate, consume daily.
Start off with a teaspoon a day and work up to what you feel your body needs. Add to smoothies or topically as a face/hair mask
The gel can be consumed as is too.