Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
Sun dried tomatoes are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They have a particularly high concentration of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant. There has been a lot of interest in lycopene's potential benefits as an antioxidant. Some early research shows it may help protect your skin from the sun
Nestled between two great mountain ranges, the family farm of Gerhard and Ciska du Toit produces the finest quality olives.
Quality of fruit that is not only passed into their hand-crafted products but also into a way of living and the way of production.
Hand-picked and sorted fruit is used in the making of their olive oil and innovative combinations of olive preserves, spreads, and sundried products.
They believe in using environmentally sound production methods using no harsh chemicals or colorants.
Their commitment to quality and customer safety starts from the sweet mountain spring water they use to the ozone sterilization of their brine.
They pride themselves on using less water, energy, and salts by being innovative in their production and packaging.
Environmentally Sound Production
- Dr. G Du Toit the owner and farm manager
Ph.D. Agricultural Sciences ( Adelaide)
- Ciska du Toit the owner and culinary manager
BSc Oenology & Viticulture ( Stellenbosch)
Environmentally Sound Production is different from Organic production.
We believe that the term "organic" is too liberally used and does not account for compounds used in production that is totally natural and organic, but may be harmful to human health, plant health, or the soil environment.
The goals of ESP:
1) Protect soil and plant health at all costs.
2) Minimise the damage to biodiversity.
3) Always protect consumer safety and health (keep products natural ~ no allergens and preservatives/colorants)
4) No chemical sprays are allowed on fruiting trees, only nutrition
5) Only environmentally safe treatments with a short life span may be used.
6) No blanket treatments are allowed, treatments have to be pest-specific.
7) Environmental impact is monitored.